These outer islands are thought to be mouse free. They are difficult to access and some have never been visited by humans.
Originally named Horseshoe Island. Renamed Bollons in 1901 after Captain John Bollons from the Government Steamer Hinemoa who was the first to climb the island in 1901.
Named in 1947 after Thomas Orde Lees, a member of Shackleton’s Endurance expedition.
The Windwards were named by Ringdove in 1896 due to their position in relation to the weather.
Close to Bollons. It was named in 1978. The archway was labelled “Remarkable Arch” on Captain John Fairchild’s 1886 sketch map of the island.
A cliff-ringed island. Named during Ringdove’s 1896 survey due to its sheltered position to the weather.
Taylor, R. 2006. Straight through from London, Heritage Expeditions New Zealand Ltd.